Friday 15 June 2012

Product review- GOSH

Spring is in the air!! although you would hardly know it here in British Columbia. Where its sunny and beautiful one minute and raining cloudy the next.
Richmond. Vancouver, B.C

Fraser River. Fort Langley, B.C

  Days like these I like to bring in a spring feeling with bright spring colours.
Nail polish is a great and simple way to add some spring colour to your wardrobe, even when it doesn't feel like spring.

While searching for some sprinspiration (spring+inspiration) at my local Shoppers Drug Mart. These nail polish colours just sprung out and screamed its Spring!!!


Gosh Nail Lacquer:




597 MISS MINTY
555 SILVER
598 BUBBLE GUM


PS. I Love these colours...
              This was my first purchase of GOSH Nail Lacquer, I was definitely not disappointed with the colours and the bright vividness of the polish itself. After only one coat the colours showed and covered really well. I only used one coat and a clear finish and the results were great saturated spring colour. I especially loved how the silver wasn't opaque as some silver nail polishes are, below you can see just how beautiful the colours show after only one coat.




Other products I really enjoy from GOSH

Precious Powder Pearls in Magic (top,lighter) and Glow (bottom,darker)
These are really cool, there little pearls of powder. They have such a delicate sheen to them that look stunning in the light and add beautiful dimensions to the skin. I keep these on hand for photo shoots to give the perfect yet dramatic sheen to the skin. 

I love using Glow(the bronzy colour) along the neck, collar bone and contour areas to give a bronzed glow in the spring/summer months. The time of year when all us ladies are rocking tank tops and summer dresses. I love using Magic as a highlighter along the tops of the cheekbones, down the centre of the nose and a touch above the cupids bow to give a fuller dramatic sheen.

TIP: These are loose powders so I do recommend using a creme colour as a base first to prevent smudging and falling. My favourite is Shell from MAC. 


Velvet touch lipliner *waterproof in Pink PeonyPeach Pearl and Auburn Twist

I purchased these lipliners while they were on sale and decided to give them a try. I instantly fell in love with Pink Peony and Peach Pearl, Simply because I'm a big fan of Pink traffic stopping lips. The formula in general didn't disappoint either, this lipliner glides on so smoothly and last for the majority all day.

Soft'N Shine Lip Balm in 30 BARBIE

In combination with the lipliners I love using the soft'n shine lip balm. 
However this is a must have all on its own. This lip colour is so smooth and conditioning I never found that it dried out at all! and this colour is a stunning barbie pink. This is the first and only colour I have for this particular brand. I was really pleased with these finds and they still remain a regular staple in my makeup bag. Having a bright colour option in your makeup bag is a quick and easy way to take your look from a day at the office to a night out on the town.

TIP: To give your lip colour extra staying power, line and fill your lips completely with your lipliner, apply lip colour and then lightly pat lips with translucent powder using a tissue.


Extreme Art Eyeliner in 26 (silver) 17(purple) 77 (turquoise) 10(blue)

I purchased these for a specific look I wanted to create. I love creating fantasy looks and stepping outside the box. These are great for just that! they come in such a range of colours and are perfect for drawing specific lines, creating dots, and just having fun with colour. I do warn you though when they say "extreme art eyeliner" they aren't kidding around. This eyeliner is quite difficult to take off with just your typical face cleanser, a makeup remover is required to take this product off. However if you don't mind putting in a little extra elbow in your cleansing routine and your feeling adventurous this is definitely a great place to start. 



In honour of todays review I have created a look using all the products above. I created this look for a fun flirty day out on a beautiful spring day, I kept it clean and simple with a pop of colour in the lips because I always like to stand out in a crowed. It may not feel like spring here in British Columbia but that doesn't mean I can't look the part :)

What are some of your favourite spring/summer products ?? 




No comments:

Post a Comment